QDAO DeFi Weekly Update #15
November 18, 2020
Add: Anton Dzyatkovskii
Another week has passed – it’s time to share more QDAO DeFi updates! You asked for more DeFi tutorials? We are providing them! And we finally reached another milestone – 9,000 QDAO DeFi participants! Read about all the updates below.
Cryptocurrencies and DeFi coin market analysis
The crypto market is performing well. Bitcoin managed to hold its position above the $16,000 mark and is now trading at around $16,700. It’s good news for the whole market. But the BTC price hasn’t changed much during this week so it puts the “where to go?” question on alert.
The DeFi market is doing well too. The total value locked in DeFi managed to touch the $14 billion mark. Most DeFi tokens are soaring. Here are the changes in price for some of the popular DeFi coins:
- Chainlink: -3.36%
- Aave: +24.49%
- yearn.finance: +18.83%
- Compound: +21.80%
It’s unclear whether Bitcoin is able to grow higher or if the time for correction has come. This week could be decisive in whether we see a correction or a rally continuation.
The DeFi market is attracting interest from the media as there are a lot of news items. Here are the most important events of the week:
- Bitcoin is moving Ethereum. The wBTC cap surpassed the $2 billion mark. It’s not phenomenal for people to try and earn with BTC on the DeFi battlefield. Common cryptos are giving way to a new star – DeFi.
- Crypto crimes are on the decline but DeFi is a hot topic for hackers. The total amount of funds stolen due hacks dropped by 3 times to $1.8 billion in 2020, compared to 2019. DeFi is something new and it has vulnerabilities. There are always a lot of people who want to part with money, if we are talking about trends. But hunters for easy money are easy to find too.
- The trading volume on DEXes reached $42.6 billion during Q3 2020. The increase is tremendous – from $1 to $42 billion in 1 year! It’s a good indicator of the DeFi market’s recovery.
QDAO DeFi updates
We are working hard to make QDAO DeFi something great! Last week was productive, here are our biggest updates.
We’ve added new video guides to our YouTube channel to help you expand your crypto knowledge:
- Discussing Andre Cronje’s recent fail and other important DeFi news: https://youtu.be/hutDdnVv6gk
- Guide to Simpson Finance and how to earn with SIMF token: https://youtu.be/e4ae5yQdvmM
- How NFT’s can continue the DeFi bull run, top NFT’s and exchanges: https://youtu.be/TEfY-Iuj7SM
- A detailed video guide to yield farming – all about its risks and high profits: https://youtu.be/SVW9CtT_Zm8
- Adding $2,000 to JustSwap’s liquidity pools, how to buy TRX: https://youtu.be/Nx_Ork9vomw
- Top NFT’s with the biggest prospects – Enjin, The Sandbox, Rarible: https://youtu.be/X3khXW_6d_U
- Uniswap’s business model and how to make a profit on Uniswap: https://youtu.be/B-Qm_KkcK3M
- Is Nomi right from an ethical point of view?: https://youtu.be/v9Hl_jQA4Y4
- NFT’s start booming, Layer 2 to save DeFi and a Matic Network review: https://youtu.be/dpNo5RLEdsQ
The latest stats from QDAO DeFi PULSE:
Number of active users — 9026
Total amount of users’ funds:
Current users’ interest balance:
Number of withdrawals made: 7752